Read. Enjoy. Comment.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Please don't kill me, Boba Fett!

Today Laina and I were blessed with the following decree: no school! In honor of this auspicious day, my dad took off work and my mom took a break from working endlessly and we all went to see a movie and play Monopoly.

Monopoly, if you didn't already know, is a very serious game in my family. It not only requires skill and strategy, but also a sophisticated level of fortunateness. Today, my friends, I was very fortunate.

At one point in the game, each of us was fairly equal to the others in regards to property and capital. However, I took advantage of my money and blew it all on hotels in hopes of trapping one of my fellow players. As they came closer and closer to my properties, my stomach knotted up and I wondered if the dice would be good to them. Lucky for me, they weren't. First, Laina landed on my property. She had to pay me almost all of the cash she had. Then my dad landed on my property. The same fate befell him. I didn't expect such success, so I was surprised when my mom landed on my land as well. Luck was not on her side, unfortunately, for since she had doubles, she had to roll again. Her second roll landed her... two spaces away within the same monopolized property.

Needless to say, I won. But the story here, boys and girls, is that money is everything! Oops, did I say that? I mean... um... money is not everything and one shouldn't step on one's family members to reach the top.

Unless you're playing Monopoly.

Disclaimer: I'm not as huge a Star Wars fan as you think! Despite the fact that there are three references as of today on my home page... Hmm.... maybe I need to reevaluate myself and my hobbies.

No comments: